LinkedIn is the #1 platform for Lead Generation according to DemandWave state of B2B Digital Marketing Report in both 2016 & 2017
If LinkedIn was a country, it is only second to China & India. With over 560 million users, it stands 3rd in the list well ahead of USA.
LinkedIn members come from 200 countries & 18 million companies. So the power of the LinkedIn platform is enormous.
In 2016 Microsoft purchased LinkedIn for 26.2 billion USD in cash.
Beyond the numbers, let’s look at why LinkedIn should be your main marketing platform!
LinkedIn as a marketing platform
LinkedIn has been traditionally thought as a platform to maintain the professional profile. Although this is true even today, B2B Digital Marketing Report identifies LinkedIn as the #1 platform for lead generation both in 2016 & 2017.
Let’s look at why LinkedIn has gained its status as the #1 marketing platform.
- LinkedIn has more than 9 billion content impressions per week. This means there are more than 9 billion views by LinkedIn users in total.
- 100 million users out of 560 million are influencers & decision makers. This means whatever you published has significant chance of viewed by people who can take a business decision.
- LinkedIn audience has two times more buying power than average web audience according to LinkedIn Audience 360 study
If you are looking to enhance your marketing and improve lead generation, LinkedIn is THE place to go.
What benefits you get out of LinkedIn as a marketing platform?
The two words answer is “cost effectiveness”.
It is said that around 10% of the total company budget is going to marketing. This money can go a total waste unless planned correctly. Below are five reasons why you should choose LinkedIn to spent most of your marketing budget.
- LinkedIn is a focused platform: You will not somebody’s vacation pictures in LinkedIn. By design LinkedIn downgrades not relevant content. Therefore your marketing messages and content has a comparatively much greater chance of reaching the target audience compared with other digital marketing platforms.
- Free marketing: LinkedIn marketing is not depends on paid ads & content. You can do posts, publish articles, make comments, send direct messages, etc. without paying a single cent. These non-paid activities will give you a huge milage in terms of lead generation & brand awareness.
- Target marketing: In terms of paid advertisements, LinkedIn has a powerful campaign manager & where you can use it to narrow down your target audience. It provides many parameters to target the exact audience you want compared to traditional marketing.
- Complete ecosystem: LinkedIn comes with wide array of tools which can be used to market product or services. For example, you can use company page or showcase pages to provide marketing content to its 563 million users. LinkedIn introduces tools such as LinkedIn forms, plugins, etc. to make the lead generation efficient. Further many third party companies have developed tools on top of LinkedIn. Further, LinkedIn creates lot of content by themselves to help businesses to grow. Example is LinkedIn for small businesses.
- LinkedIn communities & groups: LinkedIn is having a rich & vibrant communities & groups. You can use these groups to further narrow down your marketing segments and activities to have a better hit. LinkedIn official and unofficial community gatherings provides opportunities for face to face marketing.
You have higher chance of connecting to a person whom you don’t know in LinkedIn. The chance of an unknown professional in USA accepting your connection request is higher in LinkedIn compared to Facebook or any other social marketing platform.
Also the % digital marketing spending will take over the traditional marketing with in next 5 years. companies will invest heavily on digital marketing in coming years.
If you want to be in the helm of this trend and to get the best value for the money you spent in marketing, you need to make a move to LinkedIn today.
You can download our white paper to understand how you should LinkedIn for your marketing activities. Please fill in the form. At #bistec we understand this and would love to help you in your journey.